Monday, May 4, 2009

My understanding of Sustainability

What is the most important thing about sustainability? It could be responsbility, encouragement or awareness.... For me, I believe that human behavior or the way of living is the key to understand sustainability.

I've been thinking the way I'm living from they way I cook, they way I throw my trash to the way I use utilitysince I start taking special topics class. Some lifestyle we take for granted may actually damage our earth a lot. We can never imagine that the apples we buy today might harm our communites because the apple is not seasonal food in may. Also, you've no idea how much waste you make by tossing coffee papercups.

It's all about how people live on our earth. Sustainability needs everyone to aware and to act. That's why in our dairy project we try to change consumer's behavior to buy milk. If the way of buying milk only limit on using our own reusable bottle to get the milk, how can we make any more packaging waste?

~Siqi

No comments:

Post a Comment